Saturday 1 September 2007

Back from London....

...and I did have quite a good day.

I went to the Tate Modern and looked at the Dali Exhibition there. The more I see of his work the more I like him, but, as is often the case I fell for the picture everyone else walked past. A small picture of a man against a rock called Solitude. It touched me.

However the day was not without difficulty, the happy pills are giving me headaches and I struggled through much of the day with an aching head and neck as well as unbelievable tiredness. I was so determined to soak up the art though that I overcame it.

One of the good things the Tate do is commission musicians to play music inspired by a work of art of their choice. You can then listen to the music on headphones near the work of art concerned. I was taken with four extremely abstract pictures that represented the four seasons. A band called Union of Knives had made a track inspired by these pictures called Circular Breathing. I have to find it.

So now I am home, footsore and tired. The house is empty which is nice. And I feel a little more stable than I have done over the last few days. I hope it lasts.

Ally

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wasn't clear if you'd managed to listen to the track while at Tate Modern or found out about it after being there. Anyway, you can listen to the track on the Tate web site.

http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/tatetracks/union_cytwombly/

Hope you like it.

Union of Knives.